Can we talk? I feel like I haven’t just talked on here in so long and I just have SO MUCH TO SAY. I am currently at work an hour early sitting in the kitchen and sipping my coffee. I get here pretty early every day because I need some sort of time to de-compress and drink my coffee before work starts. Anyways, HERE ARE SOME LIFE UPDATES:
- I cut my hair. I told the hairstylist that I wanted it collar-bone length and to make the back taper up a tad shorter than the front, and she took that to mean a full-fledged bob. So basically I look like Rachel from Season 7 of Friends. …and I kind of love it. Except for the fact that it requires me to actually style my hair instead of just rolling out of bed every morning. Because if I do not style it, I look like a human mop. Somebody send me Rachel’s hair & makeup team, asap thx.
- I went to Santa Barbara this past weekend! I posted on Facebook asking if anybody wanted to go with me and NOBODY DID. So I went by myself. And it was glorious. Honestly, there’s just something about the beaches there that re-aligns your life and makes things make sense. I walked on Hendry’s Beach in the morning before all the crowds came and it was very relaxing and therapeutic.
- Today is team day at work. I am always very disappointed in team days nowadays because they always used to bring donuts to them. Seriously, last summer I had donuts like every other week. And now they are nowhere to be found and it makes me very sad. But we do get free lunch. So there’s that.
- Speaking of pastries, I made mini pies this weekend! I made two kinds (this recipe & this recipe), and they turned out great except that I burnt the first ones (TIP: the peach recipe calls for way too long of a bake time. I’d cut it to 15 minutes in the oven if you make them yourself). But I also realized that mini pies are one of those pastries that needs to be eaten the same day that they come out of the oven. Because I brought the extras to work yesterday and they were just cold & a bit soggy & sad. See picture above for real-life image of me with my mini pie in a meeting yesterday morning. Very important meeting essentials, obviously.
- I really want a dog. I know this is kind of like a constant pressing matter of my life but Hendry’s is a dog beach so I saw SO MANY DOGS and ugh I just want one. And you can just tune out my cries because there is no way I actually have time for a dog right now, sadly. *sigh*
And that’s the most pressing matters for today. I gotta go now because everyone keeps walking by and asking me why I am sitting in the kitchen by myself. So that’s cool. Hope you have a great Tuesday!