Following travel bloggers who go to my favorite places is the reason for the teardrops on my guitar. Or maybe it’s just because it’s 12:21AM and I need sleep but instead I am scrolling through my BlogLovin’ feed and staring at photo diaries of trips that were taken and smiles that were had and beverages that were consumed and now I just really want to explore a faraway city. Yeah it’s probably that. Anyways, here’s my travel wish-list right now:
1. Sydney, Australia: Okay, I know what you’re thinking.. “Sally, you need to go to new places, not to places that you lived in for ten weeks.” But I just miss it and one of the bloggers I follow just went to a restaurant at my favorite beach that my homestay mom’s friend owns and I AM OVERCOME WITH NOSTALGIA.
2. Anywhere-town, Italy – I just have this dream of going to Italy and taking Italian lessons finding a cute apartment and eating cream puffs and dragging my friend Cristina with me because she used to live in Rome. Maybe this is because I am reading Eat Pray Love right now and the author is currently in Italy or maybe it’s because I just like Italy a lot. Correction: I JUST LOVE ITALY A LOT.
3. Savannah, GA – This is one of those places that I will visit if I ever get around to visiting my sister in Atlanta. I’ve heard so much about it, and I would love to spend a weekend there!
4. Austin, TX – The last time I went to New York, I had a layover in Austin on the way home and I remember texting my sister ‘I’VE CHANGED MY MIND. I WANT TO MOVE TO TEXAS.’ followed by ‘How am I supposed to stay in shape if there is no SoulCycle in Texas?’ There was a live band and barbecue food in the layover area, so it was obviously meant to be. And the people were significantly nicer than any airport I had ever been before.
5. Cape Town, South Africa – I’ve heard so much about this city, but at the same time I know absolutely nothing about it, which is a sign that I definitely need to visit, right? Right. One of my best friends studied abroad here and she had the time of her life. Also, I’ve heard that the hikes are insane.
Oh, to book a flight and see the world……