This morning when I woke up, the ground outside was wet and raindrops were falling from the clouds. On these kind of days, I can think of nothing better than sitting down and blogging my life away. Today’s post will take you through my favorite things from the month of January!
- My iPod Nano – Ever since I made the decision to run a half marathon in 2014, I have been lacing up my shoes and taking to the streets. I use my iPod Nano when I run and I HIGHLY SUGGEST IT. I clip it to my shirt so I do not have to hold anything or even think about holding anything. Trust me, it has taken me a long time to get to this point of actually running consistently so anything I can do to lessen the distractions is for the best. Currently, my favorite music to listen to (and the only album I have uploaded) while running is We The Kings’s new album Somewhere Somehow. Another wonderful thing about the iPod Nano is that YOU CAN LISTEN TO THE RADIO. I can really think of nothing better than listening to country radio and running. Or if you run in the morning, you can listen to your favorite talk show!
- “Helluva Life” by Frankie Ballard. Technically this is a ‘February Favorite’ because I just discovered it yesterday, but we are just gonna include it anyways. This is literally the only song that I listen to in the car now. I play it on repeat over and over and over and over again because it’s that good.
- City of Glass by Cassandra Clare. I have not been this emotionally attached to a book series for a very long time. City of Glass is the third installment in ‘The Mortal Instruments’ series. I initially started reading the books because the movie for the first book came out and I really wanted to see it because I simply adore Lily Collins. My brother, being the book worm that he is, refused to go with me until I read it. I was hooked from the very first page and now cannot wait for the last book in the series to come out this March! Oh, and I eventually saw the movie. Let’s just say that it really does not do the book justice.
- Vanilla Matcha Lattes from Peet’s Coffee. I could not even explain to you how good these are if I tried. If you don’t already know, I have recently stopped drinking coffee because I realized that it gave me major crash-and-burn symptoms. Matcha, on the other hand, is insanely good for you and energizes you in a much gentler way than coffee does. Thus, I no longer get crash-and-burn symptoms and it’s freaking delicious. Also, can I just say that Peet’s Coffee employees are just so nice? Because they are.
- “Minka” nail polish by Zoya. Leave it to me to go into Whole Foods for strawberries and come out with nail polish…. Seriously though, who decided it was a good idea that they stock nail polish now? This is a highly dangerous situation although I’m not complaining because I have been on the search for a good nude-colored nail polish for ages.
Now that we got through that list, we can finally move on to February festivities! Look forward to a lot of posts this month that I am way too excited for. I have a list of potential posts on the note section of my iPhone that I wrote one morning while walking my dog. Also, I updated my blog’s theme so take a look when you get the chance!
Thanks for reading. Thanks for existing. You are WONDERFUL! Happy Sunday!