We’ve got approximately a week and a half until the big-man-in-red comes crawling down our chimneys to eat our cookies and fill our stockings. Just in case he misses your house, or just in case you don’t have a chimney, I have compiled a list of potential presents for everybody on your “nice” list this year. Click on the name of the gifts to get linked to the actual item I am talking about.
For the foodie:
- Matcha – This is not just on the list because my best friend runs a matcha tea company, matcha is seriously an up-an-coming tea trend that also doubles as a baking ingredient? Perfection. Additionally, Santa Barbara artist Austin Danson hand crafts the chawans (bowls) and trust me, they are simply gorgeous in person.
- Nespresso – Okay, okay. I confess. This is on the list because my homestay family in Australia had a Nespresso machine and it was just about the greatest thing ever. It’s the perfect gift for the coffee lover in your life. I’m pretty sure they sell these at Target, but if not, they definitely sell Keurigs, which is practically the same thing.
- Flour, Too: Chronicle’s cook books grace the walls of Anthropologie and make me want to open my own bakery and home cook every meal. But then I remember that I am an “aspirational cook” versus an actual cook. Cook books are always a great gift and this book may be the perfect present.
For the Traveller:
- Headphones – Noise-canceling headphones are music to the ears of any person who has spent lots of time in long lines at airport security and in cramped seats. These kind of headphones can come with a hefty price tag, but I found these online that are more affordable. If you’re looking for top-of-the-line noise-cancelers, check out these compact beauties.
- Passport holder – This is best for that person who finds him or herself halfway across the globe at any given moment.
- Southwest gift card – Either you really want somebody to come visit you or you are feeling particularly thankful for having this person in your life.. Either way, gifting plane tickets is a dream come true for the person who loves the high skies.
- 2014 Day Planner – I’m telling you right now, Target has some seriously cute day planners available. I just picked up one myself and I think they would make an amazing gift for anybody on your list.
- Victoria’s Secret PINK leggings – A girl can never have too many pairs of leggings. Personally, I solely own Victoria’s Secret PINK leggings…. they are comfort and quality for a reasonable price.
- Television series: If you are really stuck, a good safe gift is the first season of a television show! Personally, I think New Girl is always a good choice. Pretty Little Liars is also an excellent choice, but highly addicting. I got it for free at work a while back and I finished the entire season in the span of 3 days.
- Gift cards – I promise you, a gift card is not a bad gift. It’s actually probably one of the best gifts you can give! If you want to dress it up a bit, go to Target and buy one of these coin holders and put the gift card in it! If you go into Safeway, they have a huge selection of different gift cards from iTunes to Target to Sephora to Starbucks. American Express also lets you buy gift cards that can be spent anywhere!
- Festive mugs or a ring are always winners as well.
For the Makeup Junkie:
- Naked3 Palette: The beauty world is in the midst of chaos as Urban Decay has just released their newest eye shadow palette. My sister has it and it is just as beautiful as everybody makes it out to be. I do believe they are sold out online but you can call your local Sephora or Ulta to see if they have them in stock.
- Nail polish – You can never go wrong with nail polish… Currently lusting after Big Apple Red by O.P.I. The best part is that nail polish is sold at CVS so you can get that last minute stocking stuffer when you pick up your toothpaste.
- Sugar Lip Balm: Especially during these winter months, skin care can get tricky as dry skin creeps into lives everywhere. Dry lips is another issue that Sugar lip balms do a great job of helping out with. They are tinted lip balms that are made of pure magic.
Music: An actual CD! For that person who loves to jam in their car on the commute to work or on their way to lunch. Sharing good music is one of the greatest gifts you can give. These are my picks of albums I have really enjoyed this year.
- Keith Urban – Fuse
- Lorde – Pure Heroine
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – The Heist
- Imagine Dragons – Night Visions
- The Summer Set – Legendary
Books: The present that never goes out of style.
- The Dinner by Herman Koch
- Elanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- Ostrich by Matt Greene
- Let’s Explore Diabetes With Owls by David Sedaris
Hope this was helpful! Thanks for reading! Thanks for existing! You are wonderful. Happy Sunday.